Estimated Arrival: Between Mar 08 and Mar 10. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific DOB10 FirstLight 10-inch Newtonian-Solid
No telescope type has changed the hobby quite as much as the Dobsonian. Before introducing the Dobsonian design Telescope by John Dobson, the vast majority of amateur telescopes consisted of small telescopes with primitive mechanics - barely enough to see the polar caps of Mars or the rings of Saturn. The larger, more powerful Schmidt-Cassegrain design Telescopes were reserved for the wealthy who could afford them.
The ingenious combination of simple yet effective mechanisms with the largest possible opening gives the Dobsonian telescope unique popularity worldwide. Nowhere do you get as much light gathering for your money with a Dobsonian Telescope. Now, Explore Scientific has come up with the ultimate universal design… this 10-inch Dobsonian can be converted into a Newtonian telescope! If you want to take pictures, unscrew the bearings from the tube and place the scope on an EQ mount with the included Vixen-style dovetail plate.
- Fully multi-coated primary mirror.
- 10" aperture brings impressive light-gathering power, making this an ideal instrument for deep-sky observations.
- Scope and Mount can be transported in pieces and reassembled within minutes.
- Rockerbox is easy to assemble with few tools and includes an accessory tray for eyepieces.
- 2.5" HEX focuser has helical gearing.
- The universal design makes it easy for astronomers to use the Telescope as a traditional Newtonian by removing the OTA's bearings and attaching the tube to an equatorial mount using the included Vixen-style dovetail plate.
- This model comes with a 25mm SuperPlössl eyepiece and a red dot viewfinder for locating observing targets.
- Included Smartphone Adapter helps astronomers use their smart device to capture and share images.
- 254mm Dia. (10-inch) f/5 Parabolic Primary Mirror Newtonian with BK7 Glass mounted in Mirror Cell with 3-Point No-Tool Collimation
- 68mm M.A. Secondary Mirror mounted on 3-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Secondary Holder
- Aluminum Coatings with Quartz Overcoat
- Classic White Finish Metal Tube
- Two 15-inch Altitude Bearings attach to Cradle Rings with No-Tool Knobs and ride on Teflon Pads in the Composite Laminated Dobsonian Box, with 20-inch Azimuth Bearing Riding on Teflon Pads
- HEX Single-Speed 2.5-inch R&P Focuser with Extension Tube, Compression Ring, and 1.25-inch Adapter
- Adjustable Red-Dot Finder
- Shipping wt: 28/50 lbs (approximately)
- L23/50" x W22/19" x H9/14"