Estimated Arrival: Between Oct 26 and Oct 28. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific DOB1245 Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope
Before introducing the Dobsonian Telescope design by John Dobson, the vast majority of amateur telescopes consisted of small telescopes with primitive mechanics - barely powerful enough to see the polar caps of Mars or the rings of Saturn. Larger telescopes, such as the Schmidt-Cassegrain design, were reserved for the wealthy. The ingenious combination of simple yet effective mechanisms with the greatest possible opening gives the Dobsonian telescope its unique popularity worldwide.
This DOB1245 Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope is a Generation II telescope with all the updates and offers the largest aperture per dollar of any telescope type. Nowhere do you get as much light-gathering capability for your money as you do with a Dobsonian. Assembly and disassembly of the scope without tools ensures trouble-free transport even in small cars. The entire structure has been optimized for maximum stiffness and minimal weight. The combination of high-altitude bearings with optimized aluminum structures allows fine adjustment flows at high magnifications.
- Easy portability with quick set up and disassembly by one person
- This Truss Tube Dobsonian with a 12-inch primary mirror and 1372mm of focal length can be transported easily.
- The superior components include a 2-inch two-speed rack & pinion focuser to make for precise focusing.
- The large bearings on altitude and azimuth offer smooth pointing and stability.
- With the use of the optional 30mm 82 Degree Series Waterproof Eyepiece, you can visually achieve a field of view of 1.8 degrees with a 6.7mm exit pupil for excellent ultra-wide deep-sky viewing with a limiting visual magnitude of about 14.2 in optimal viewing conditions.
- 8mm Dia. (12-inch) 39.4mm Thick (1:7.7 Ratio) f/4.5 Parabolic Primary Mirror Newtonian with BK7 Glass
- Advanced 3-point spring-loaded Primary Mirror Collimatable Cell (Adjusts from the front with hex Collimation Assist Tool for One-Person Collimation) in Metal Mirror Box with Metal Protective Lid while unassembled and stored
- Twin fans draw air across the Primary Mirror for bringing it to ambient temperature with AA Battery Pack (Batteries Not Included).
- Mirror Box with Folding Built-In Handle rests on the Metal Dobsonian Box with 3-point 8-inch Radius Azimuth Bearing riding on large Teflon disks.
- Two 16.5-inch Altitude Bearings attach to Mirror Box with No-Tool Knobs and ride on Teflon Pads in the Dobsonian Box with Tension Clutch
- 74mm Secondary Mirror mounted in Metal Secondary Cage with advanced spring-loaded No-Tool
- 4 Sets of Dual Metal Truss Tubes with No-Tool Attachment Bolts
- Aluminum Coatings with Quartz Overcoat
- Black Finish
- Dual-Speed 2-inch R&P Focuser with Extension Tube, Compression Ring, and 1.25-inch adapter
- Adjustable Red-Dot Finder
- Flexible Lightweight Light Baffle
- Shipping wt 74 lbs (approximately)
- L48" x H20" x W20”