Estimated Arrival: Between May 26 and May 28. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific DOB1645 Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope
No telescope type has changed the hobby quite as much as the Dobsonian. Before the popularization of the Dobsonian by John Dobson, the vast majority of amateur telescopes consisted of small telescopes with primitive mechanics - barely enough to see the polar caps of Mars or the rings of Saturn. Larger telescopes, such as the Schmidt-Cassegrain, were reserved for the wealthy. The ingenious combination of simple yet effective mechanisms with the greatest possible opening gives the Dobsonian telescope its unique popularity worldwide.
This DOB1645 Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope is a Generation II telescope with all the updates and offers the largest aperture per dollar of any telescope type. Nowhere do you get as much light for your money like a good Dobson. Disassembly of the scope without tools ensures a trouble-free transport of this great scope even in small cars. The entire structure has been optimized for maximum stiffness and minimal weight. The combination of high-altitude bearings with optimized aluminum structures allows fine adjustment flows at high magnifications.
- The DOB1645 Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope is one of the most portable large Dobsonian telescopes on the market today.
- This Truss Tube Dobsonian with a 16-inch primary mirror and 1829mm of focal length can be transported easily in a compact car.
- The superior components include a 2-inch two-speed rack & pinion focuser make for precise focusing.
- The 406mm mirror collects more than 2,400 times as much light as the naked eye!
- The large bearings on altitude and azimuth offer very smooth pointing and stability.
- With the use of the optional 30mm 82 Degree Series Waterproof Eyepiece (sold separately), you can visually achieve a field of view of 1.34 degrees with a 6.7mm exit pupil for spectacular high-resolution wide-field deep sky viewing with a limiting visual magnitude of about 14.8 in optimal viewing conditions.
- 4mm (16-inch) Dia. 46.4mm Thick (1:8.8 Ratio) f/4.5 Parabolic Primary Mirror Newtonian with Fused Quartz Glass
- Advanced 3-point spring-loaded Primary Mirror Collimatable Cell (Adjusts from the front with hex Collimation Assist Tool for One-Person Collimation) in Metal Mirror Box with Metal Protective Lid while unassembled and stored
- Twin fans draw air across the Primary Mirror for bringing it to ambient temperature with AA Battery Pack (Batteries Not Included).
- Mirror Box with Folding Built-In Handle rests on the Metal Dobsonian Box with 3-point 8-inch Radius Azimuth Bearing riding on large Teflon disks.
- Two 16.5-inch Altitude Bearings attach to Mirror Box with No-Tool Knobs and ride on Teflon Pads in the Dobsonian Box with Tension Clutch
- 88mm Secondary Mirror mounted in Metal Secondary Cage with advanced spring-loaded No-Tool
- 4 Sets of Dual Metal Truss Tubes with No-Tool Attachment Bolts
- Aluminum Coatings with Quartz Overcoat
- Black Finish
- Dual-Speed 2-inch R&P Focuser with Extension Tube, Compression Ring, and 1.25-inch adapter
- Adjustable Red-Dot Finder;
- Flexible Lightweight Light Baffle
- Shipping wt 92 lbs (approximately)
- L50" x H20" x W20”