Estimated Arrival: Between May 19 and May 21. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED102 Essential Series Air-Spaced Triplet APO Refractor Telescope ES-ED10207-01
The Explore Scientific ED102 Essential Series Air-Spaced Triplet APO Refractor Telescope is an Apochromat refractor that reveals the Moon's stark chiseled craters, Jupiter's orderly cloud belts, and the blue-white stars of the Orion Nebula. The ED102 Essential Series Apochromatic Refractor opens a treasure trove of the night sky and provides a reliable optical platform to begin serious deep-sky astrophotography.
An excellent compromise between portability and aperture, this versatile high-end telescope offers accurate diffraction-limited optics. It has an objective lens size that performs well in lunar, planetary, and deep-sky viewing situations. Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine HOYA FCD1 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings.
- The ED102 provides more Light Gathering, Resolving Power, and Image Scale than the ED80
- Serious apochromatic performance for wide-field, deep-sky astrophotography, eclipse photography, wildlife photography, without sacrificing portability
- Precision Components with HOYA FCD1 ED glass and EMD enhanced multi-layer deposition coatings
- Entry-level investment for those desiring a high-performance ED/APO in the 4-inch aperture range
- 102mm Dia. f/7 True APO with HOYA FCD1 ED Glass in Advanced 3-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Classic White Finish Metal Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable Dual-Speed 2-inch R&P Focuser with 2 Extension Tubes and Compression Ring
- 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Vixen-Style) also Threaded to Mount on Camera Tripod
- 2-inch 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch Adapter
- Mounting Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- 12 lbs (approximately)
- L31" x W8" x H10"