Estimated Arrival: Between May 20 and May 22. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED102-FCD100 Carbon Fiber Air-Spaced Triplet
The Explore Scientific ED102-FCD100 Series Air-Spaced Triplet Telescope in Carbon Fiber has the features for astrophotographers and visual astronomers found in our metal-tube ED102 models, but with the advantage of Carbon-fiber construction. This makes the Telescope much lighter, and a more lightweight Telescope can perform better on any mount that it is on.
This ED102-FCD100 Telescope includes genuine HOYA FCD100 ED glass, which is very similar in characteristics to OHARA's FPL-53. Using technological innovations, we have successfully launched high-performance optical glass production at the FCD optical family's apex. HOYA Optical's FCD100 is considered the premier ED glass available. Combining it with optical glass of a high refractive index allows the ED102-FCD100 to achieve unprecedented advanced chromatic aberration correction.
- the ED102-FCD100 in Carbon Fiber, with its wide imaging field at 714mm focal length, is perfect for full-frame cameras to capture large-scale nebulae, star clusters, comets, and deep-space galaxy clusters.
- The carbon fiber tube saves considerable weight compared to the metal tube version, and a lighter-weight Telescope can perform better on any mount that it is on.
- 102mm Dia. f/7 True APO with HOYA FCD100 ED Glass in Advanced 4-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Black Carbon Fiber Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable HEX Dual-Speed 2.5-inch R&P Focuser with 2 Extension Tubes and Compression Ring
- Cradle Rings attached to 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Vixen-Style) with Cone Angle Adjustments and Handle with Slot for Piggy Back Attachment
- 2-inch 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch Adapter
- Mounting Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- Shipping wt 26 lbs (approximately)
- L41" x H11" x W11”