Estimated Arrival: Between Jan 30 and Feb 01. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED115-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet Telescope
This ED115-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet Telescope is an all-new design from Explore Scientific and offers Ohara's excellent quality optics using Ohara FPL-53 glass. Combining with optical glass of a high refractive index allows us to achieve unprecedented correction of chromatic aberration. Ohara's FPL-53 is considered the best glass ever produced by Ohara. Having a diffraction-limited optical design and sized to encourage spontaneous stargazing sessions, this high-quality ED115-FPL53 Telescope is a perfect "grab-and-go" instrument for exploring the skies. This Telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
- The ED115-FPL53 Series offers research-grade optics and components combining a wide-field 4.5-inch aperture air-spaced triplet Apochromat optics with 632.5mm focal length utilizing FPL53 ED glass.
- The 3-inch HEX two-speed rack & pinion focuser makes for precise focusing and minimizes vignetting effects on large chip sensors,
- With the use of the optional Explore Scientific 3-inch Mirror Diagonal and the 30mm 100 Degree Series 3-inch Waterproof Eyepiece (each sold separately), you can visually achieve an actual field of view of 4.76 degrees, with a 5.5mm exit pupil to give a spectacular hyper-wide, deep-sky viewing field and a limiting visual magnitude of about 12.4 in optimal viewing conditions.
- 115mm Dia. f/5.5 True APO with OHARA FPL53 ED Glass in Advanced 4-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Black Carbon Fiber Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable HEX Dual-Speed 3.0-inch R&P Focuser and Compression Ring with 2.0-inch Adapter
- Cradle Rings attached to 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Vixen-Style) with Cone Angle Adjustments and Handle with Slot for Piggy Back Attachment
- 2-inch, 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch adapter
- Mounting Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- Hard Carry Case
- Shipping wt 35 lbs (approximately)
- L29" x H16" x W14”