Estimated Arrival: Between Sep 27 and Sep 29. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED127 Essential Series Air-Spaced Triplet APO Refractor Telescope ES-ED127075-03
The Original Classic Explore Scientific ED127 Air-Spaced Triplet Telescope has been redesigned for the Astrophotographer with new features that include: new precision front cell with push-pull adjustments for tilt and centering adjustments to get the best collimation for the tightest stars; new 2-inch two-speed rack and pinion focuser with heavy-duty locks and rotation adjustment to position and hold your imaging system; and a new retractable dew shield for improved portability.
With its Apochromatic performance with diffraction-limited optics and big aperture, this versatile telescope can showcase deep-sky delights like the edge-on Sombrero Galaxy with its distinct bulging center or the spiraling beauty of the face-on Pinwheel Galaxy and the intricacies of the Moon's winding Hadley Rille. A proven performer for astrophotographers and critical visual astronomers alike, the Explore Scientific ED127 Essential Series Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor utilizes genuine HOYA FCD1 ED glass to deliver stunning details of the night sky's most unique treasures!
Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations. This telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine FCD1 HOYA extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces. The cradle rings feature a built-in handle, sculpted for secure handling. The handle's top face is slotted to allow a 1/4x20 bolt for attaching a DSLR for "piggyback" imaging. The cradle ring's bottom includes a V-block (Vixen-style) plate for attaching to your equatorial mount.
- With a generous 5-inch aperture, the ED127 combines versatility, portability, with easily detectable increases in resolution and light gathering over the ED102;
- Superior-class apochromatic performance for deep-sky astrophotography and planetary imaging
- Precision Components
- Entry-level investment for those desiring a high-performance ED/APO in the 5-inch aperture range
- 127mm Dia. f/7.5 True APO with HOYA FCD1 ED Glass in Advanced 3-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Classic White Finish Metal Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable Dual-Speed 2-inch R&P Focuser with 2 Extension Tubes and Compression Ring
- Cradle Rings attached to 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Vixen-Style) with Cone Angle Adjustments and Handle with Slot for Piggy Back Attachment
- 2-inch 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch Adapter
- Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- 21 lbs (approximately)
- L41" x W11" x H11"