Estimated Arrival: Between Oct 27 and Oct 29. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED127-FCD100 Carbon Fiber Air-Spaced Triplet
This ED127-FCD100 refractor Telescope has all the great features of the original EDT-127075-CF but includes genuine HOYA's premium FCD100 ED glass, which has similar characteristics to OHARA's FPL-53. Relying on technological innovation, we have successfully launched the mass production of high-performance optical glass at the FCD family's apex. HOYA Optcal's FCD100 is considered one of the premier ED glass types available. Combining it with optical glass of high refractive index allows us to achieve unprecedented advanced chromatic aberration correction.
Having an accurate diffraction-limited optical design in a size to encourage spontaneous stargazing sessions, this high-quality Telescope is a perfect "grab-and-go" instrument for exploring the skies. The Carbon-fiber design featuring an air-spaced triplet optical virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations. This Telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine HOYA FCD100 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
- Designed for the serious astrophotographer and visual astronomer, the ED127-FCD100's 5-inches of aperture and 952mm of focal length is perfect for medium-to-wide field, high-resolution imaging of deep-sky objects, planetary and lunar projects. As a general-purpose Telescope, it is often compared to much larger aperture Schmidt-Cassegrain and Newtonian telescopes.
- The Carbon Fiber tube reduces the weight of the metal tube version by eight pounds, which gives an optimal performance on any mount that it is placed on, and it makes for easy transportation and set-up of this larger-sized refractor Telescope.
- 127mm Dia. f/7.5 True APO with HOYA FCD100 ED Glass in Advanced 4-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Black Carbon Fiber Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable HEX Dual-Speed 2.5-inch R&P Focuserwith 2 Extension Tubes and Compression Ring
- Cradle Rings attached to 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Vixen-Style) with Cone Angle Adjustments and Handle with Slot for Piggy Back Attachment
- 2-inch, 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch adapter
- Mounting Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- Shipping wt 18 lbs (approximately)
- L41" x H11" x W11”