Estimated Arrival: Between May 19 and May 21. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED140-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet Telescope
For the astrophotographer and serious astronomer looking for the finest Explore Scientific has to offer, the ED140-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet Telescope offers research-grade optics and components. Combining Ohara FPL-53 with optical glass of a high refractive index allows us to achieve unprecedented chromatic aberration correction. Ohara's FPL-53 is considered the best glass ever produced by Ohara. Having a diffraction-limited optical design and size to encourage spontaneous stargazing sessions, this high-quality ED140-FPL53 Telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces. It features an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations. The ED140-FPL53 Telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine Ohara FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
- The FPL53 Series offers research-grade optics and components for viewing the night skies. The ED140-FPL53 has wide-field 5.5-inch aperture air-spaced triplet Apochromat optics, with 910mm focal length utilizing Ohara FPL53 ED glass.
- The 3-inch HEX two-speed rack & pinion focuser makes for precise focusing and minimizes vignetting effects on large chip sensors.
- With the use of the optional Explore Scientific 3-inch Mirror Diagonal and the 30mm 100 Degree Series 3-inch Waterproof Eyepiece (each sold separately), you can visually achieve a field of view of 3.3 degrees with a 4.6mm exit pupil for impressive ultra-wide, deep-sky viewing field with a limiting visual magnitude of about 13.1 in optimal viewing conditions.
- 140mm Dia. f/6.5 True APO with OHARA FPL53 ED Glass in Advanced 4-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Black Carbon Fiber Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable HEX Dual-Speed 3.0-inch R&P Focuser and Compression Ring with 2.0-inch Adapter
- Cradle Rings attached to 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Vixen-Style) with Cone Angle Adjustments and Handle with Slot for Piggy Back Attachment
- 2-inch, 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch adapter
- Mounting Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- Hard Carry Case
- Shipping wt 47 lbs (approximately)
- L38" x H14" x W16”