Estimated Arrival: Between Sep 21 and Sep 23. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED165-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet Telescope
Explore Scientific's largest refractor telescope incorporates our three-element Apochromat design for the professional astrophotographers and serious astronomers. The ED165-FPL53 with an aperture of 165mm (6.5-inch) contains one of the highest performing, extra-low dispersion optical materials available- OHARA FPL-53 ED Through the ED165-FPL53, you can view celestial wonders like the lunar terrain's desolate beauty, Jupiter's Great Red Spot, Saturn's rings' serene structure, or some of the most challenging deep-sky objects. Explore Scientific's ED165-FPL53 Air-Spaced Triplet Apochromatic Refractor Telescope features an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, generating brilliant high-contrast images by combining genuine OHARA FPL-53 extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer coatings on all optical surfaces.
- the FPL53 Series offers research-grade optics and components with wide-field 6.5-inch aperture air-spaced triplet apochromat optics with 1155mm focal length utilizing FPL53 ED glass.
- The 3-inch HEX two-speed rack & pinion focuser makes for precise focusing and minimizes vignetting effects on large chip sensors,
- With the use of the optional Explore Scientific 3-inch Mirror Diagonal and the 30mm 100 Degree Series 3-inch Waterproof Eyepiece (each sold separately), you can visually achieve a field of view of 2.6 degrees with a 4.3mm exit pupil for stunning wide-field deep sky viewing with a limiting visual magnitude of about 13.6, or nearly 100 times fainter than our ED115 model in optimal viewing conditions.
- 165mm Dia. f/7 True APO with OHARA FPL53 ED Glass in Advanced 4-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Black Carbon Fiber Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable HEX Dual-Speed 3.0-inch R&P Focuser and Compression Ring with 2.0-inch Adapter
- Cradle Rings attached to 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Losmandy-Style) with Cone Angle Adjustments and Handle with Slot for Piggy Back Attachment
- 2-inch, 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch adapter
- Mounting Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- Hard Carry Case
- Shipping wt 80 lbs (approximately)
- L48" x H19" x W20”