Estimated Arrival: Between May 10 and May 12. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific ED80 Essential Series Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Telescope ES-ED0806-01
The ED80 Essential Series Air-Spaced Triplet Refractor Telescope is an Apochromatic telescope that reveals celestial wonders like the lunar terrain's desolate beauty, the serene structure of Saturn's rings, or the brightest deep sky treasures of the Messier catalog.
Offering diffraction-limited optics with genuine HOYA FCD1 ED glass, the ED80 is the perfect size to encourage spontaneous stargazing sessions. Featuring an air-spaced triplet optical design that virtually eliminates chromatic aberrations, this telescope generates brilliant high-contrast images. By combining genuine HOYA Optical extra-low dispersion (ED) glass and proprietary EMD enhanced multi-layer deposition coatings on all optical surfaces, this high-quality telescope is the ideal "grab-and-go" instrument for exploring the skies.
Although it is a standout telescope on its own, the ED80 is compact enough to mount on a larger telescope, which can add versatility to your astrophotography experience by separating the guiding and imaging duties.
- Reliable Apochromatic performance for wide-field, deep-sky astrophotography, eclipse photography, wildlife photography, and grab-and-go visual work
- Precision Components with HOYA FCD1 ED glass and EMD enhanced multi-layer deposition coatings
- Entry-level investment for those desiring ED/APO performance
- 80mm Dia. f/6 True APO with HOYA FCD1 ED Glass in Advanced 3-Point Push-Pull Collimatable Cell with Centering Adjustments and Locks
- Classic White Finish Metal Tube
- EMD Coatings
- Retractable Lens Hood
- Rotatable Dual-Speed 2-inch R&P Focuser with 2 Extension Tubes and Compression Ring
- 45mm Wide Saddle Dove Plate (Vixen-Style) also Threaded to Mount on Camera Tripod
- 2-inch 99% Reflective Diagonal Mirror with Compression Ring and 1.25-inch Adapter
- Mounting Shoe for Finder Scope Bracket
- Outside diameter 91 mm
- 12 lbs (approximately)
- L22" x W8" x H8"