Estimated Arrival: Between Jul 31 and Aug 02. *ETA to the USA Only
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. All The Time.
Explore Scientific Twilight I Adjustable Alt-Azimuth Mount with Slow Motion
The Twilight I Adjustable Alt-Azimuth Mount with Slow Motion is a light-to-medium-duty alt-azimuth mount and tripod designed to quickly and easily accept small to medium-sized refractors, such as the AR102 or ED102mm, and of course, the ED80mm. Lightweight, fast Newtonians will also match up nicely with the Explore Scientific Twilight I mount. As long as your telescope does not exceed 18 pounds and has a Vixen-Style Universal Dovetail bar for mounting telescopes to the mount head, you are good to go for exploring the wonders of the universe.
The Twilight I Adjustable Alt-Azimuth Mount with Slow Motion head is made of powder-coated aluminum, and there are worm gears on both axes. The adjustable angle head can be tilted forward or back at a 45° angle to allow more clearance for your telescope so you can point it straight up for viewing at the zenith.
- Slow-motion control cables are attached on the vertical and horizontal axes and easy to turn during the night even with gloves on due to the over-sized knurled knobs attached to each cable's end.
- They can be attached to either side of each axis to accommodate right or left-handed users or different types of telescopes (e.g., refractors vs. Newtonian reflectors) for ease of adjustment.
- The stainless steel tripod that comes standard with the Twilight I mount has adjustable legs and a wide footprint of 42 inches, makes the tripod more stable.
- A spreader bar locks against the legs' inside to secure the tripod further and keeps vibration to a minimum.
- Twilight I Adjustable Altazimuth Mount with Slow Motion Controls
- Adjustable Metal Folding Tripod
- Weight Capacity of 18 lbs.
- Vixen-Style Dovetail Fitting